You've reached the end of the world, the penn ar bed. Congratulations!
Now, it's all very well here, but you want to travel to the other end of the world. Here are our tips and addresses.
Getting around by car
Fancy a little Breizh road trip?
No freeways in Brittany, but free expressways! If you get off at Ploudaniel, you'll be able to use the expressways to Brest, Morlaix or Landerneau.
To rent a car:
SARL Garage Pronost Rue Eric Tabarly - ZA du Parcou - Lesneven
02 98 40 40 34
Let yourself or someone else drive you to "so local" meetings.
The Ploudaniel car-sharing area is at Croas an Rod and has 25 spaces.
From the Lesneven - Carmarthen or Ploudaniel bus station, you can take several bus routes to different destinations:
- Brest → route 21: Lesneven - Brest and route 27: Ploudaniel - Brest
- Landerneau → route 26: Landerneau - Lesneven - Brest
- Roscoff → route 25 : Roscoff - Lesneven - Brest
- Destination: the coast!
- Kerlouan → route 23 : Kerlouan - Lesneven - Brest
- Plounéour-Brignogan-Plages → route 24: Plounéour-Brignognan-Plages - Lesneven - Brest)
Tickets on sale at the Lesneven office
- One-way ticket: €2.50
- Reduced rate - "Roulez Jeunesse" (under 26): €2
- Reduced rate - Solidaire: €1
- 10-trip booklet: €20
- 10-trip booklet for under-26s: €15
Cycling the Côte des Légendes
Vacations also mean taking the time to discover the countryside at your leisure.
You'll have no trouble getting around the Côte des Légendes by bike (just be warned that it's a bit of a climb from Plouider...).
The seven signposted cycle routes, known as "Tro Vélo", are interconnected, and many follow the route of the V45 coastal cycle route. The latter skirts the shores, bays and jagged coastline, guiding the traveler from port to beach between Roscoff and Nantes, once finalized. The itinerary is still under development, but there are already some great escapes to be had: from Roscoff to the Pays des Abers, the tip of Finistère around Brest, from the Pointe du Raz to the Laïta, the Quiberon peninsula and the Rhuys peninsula. A breath of sea air not to be missed!
A day in Brest
Driving in a city you've never been to before can sometimes be stressful. And stress has no place on vacation! Want to spend a day in Brest?
To make the most of the city of Ponant, think of the park-and-ride facilities and continue your journey by streetcar or bus, safely and without parking worries. Easy to use, they are free on presentation of your validated transport ticket at the exit.
They are ideally located along streetcar line A:
- Fort Montbarey - 174 spaces
- Place de Strasbourg - 233 spaces
- Porte de Gouesnou - 195 spaces
- Porte de Guipavas - 80 spaces
Open from 5am to 1am* Monday to Saturday (*1.30am for Place de Strasbourg) and from 6.30am to 8.30pm for the Porte de Guipavas parking lot.
Visit the islands
- To Ushant
- from Brest (35 km from Lesneven): between 2h and 2h30
- from Conquet (50 km from Lesneven): between 40 min and 1h15
- from Camaret (75 km from Lesneven): approx. 1h (April to September)
- from Lanildut (40 km from Lesneven): approx. 50 min (May to September)
- For Molène
- from Brest: 1h30
- from Conquet: 30 min
- from Camaret: approx. 1h (April to September)